Sunday, May 20, 2012
Garlicky Potato and Spinach Salad
Both potatoes and spinach are healthy but I never knew a healthy and tasty way of eating them. I was going through some of the recipes for salads when something crossed my mind. Combined some recipes together and tossed this salad. Fortunately, it turned out to be tasty. Try this out at home and post your comments on the same.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes, serves: 3
For the garlic dressing:
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp thick curd
1 tsp skimmed milk powder
½ tsp mustard powder
Salt and freshly crushed pepper to taste
1 cup shredded spinach
2 cups boiled baby potatoes
Salt to taste
Garlic dressing: Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and whisk till smooth. Refrigerate to chill.
How to proceed
1. Put the spinach in a vessel-full of ice-cold water for half an hour.
2. Drain, wrap in a muslin type cloth and refrigerate till ready to be served.
3. Refrigerate the potatoes.
4. To serve, combine the spinach and potatoes.
5. Sprinkle a little salt over them.
6. Pour the garlic dressing on top and toss well.
7. Serve immediately